Monday, March 2, 2009

Middle School, Attitudes & Getting older

I am slowly coming to grips with the fact that "K" and "A" will be going to middle school next year. Actually in approximately 3 months they will stop being elementary school students. Where did this time go? I asked Adam last night if we could just hold them back this year because I'm just not ready for my little girls to be big girls. He said no of course, that I would never be ready, and he's right.

It makes me wonder if everyone elses kids grow up this fast? The thought of sending them to middle school scares the pants off of me. Boy oh boy. I don't think we're quite ready for all that goes with the "middle school years". I'm pretty sure they can sense what goes with being a middle school kid, because the eyes are already starting to roll once in a while. The heavy sighs have developed recently after I say something. I'm suddenly panicking trying to remember what a jerk I was to my parents. "Oh no" I'm really in for it, I think. My sweet little girls are going to get attitudes. Yikes!

Example of today:

"K": Mom, did you get me a white T-shirt for my project today?

Me: Uh, no not yet.

"K": Well, what the heck did you do all day!

Me: (mouth haning open) *speechless*

I still don't know how to answer that. Where the heck did that come from?

2009 is proving to be a year full of realizations.

1. My big girls are moving on to a whole new stage.
2. My little girls are not babies anymore, and it's probably time to quit calling them "the babies".

3. I will turn 30. Which I'm sure is not a big deal for those of you who've already done this, but I can remember my parents being 30 and I never really thought I would be because it always seemed so old. Though I do thank God for allowing me to live 30 years.

Hang on it's going to be a wild ride.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...