Friday, April 10, 2009

Hummingbird Cake

I made this wonderful cake last year for Easter. It's all from scratch including the sinfully bad for you frosting. Today H and I made Hummingbird Cake. It's going to be a Easter/Birthday cake for E and J on Sunday. It is so yummy I can't wait until we can eat it.

This cake is kind of a lot of work so I can only make it once a year. Plus, trying to catch those hummingbirds is tough! They fly so fast. Okay haha, just kidding. I really don't know why it's called hummingbird cake.

My kitchen was so messy. There was flour everywhere, even H's socks were covered. We also made two loaves of banana bread. Our favorite! Baking really is fun, but I desperately need a bigger kitchen.


H after all the sifting and sifting and sifting



The mess


This kid is a mixing fool




This baby is a triple-decker
The "you get fatter just looking at it" homemade cream cheese frosting


HERE'S THE CAKE!
Isn't it beautiful? Each pecan was individually placed for precise and exact perfection. Okay not really but it sounded good.
Okay, so if you would have told me two years ago that I would not only have a blog, but blog about baking, I would have said you bumped your head on something. I probably would have laughed so hard I cried. But, it's fun baking with the kids & it's fun just being with the kids in general. I kinda like writing about it all too, it's relaxing.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

2 comments:

Family of ARTISTS said...

The cake looks delicious. And Happy Birthday to Emily and Julia tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I agree with Nikki- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!!! Happy Easter too! I might have to get that recipe from you- surprising but yes sometimes I like to bake too. I am glad that you blog. Andrew's Heather had NO idea what we were talking about when we said we had a blog. Funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...