Today is my 32nd birthday. While I’m still in shock at being in my 30’s, I am so thankful for all of those years. Each and every day of life is a wonderful gift. I realize that there are people who don’t get to live to 32. Despite life’s challenges, I love where I am and who I’m with. I hope the Lord allows me another 32 years.
Here are 32 things about me
- Each morning when my alarm goes off I think of ways to not have to get up.
- I love hot chocolate and Shirley Temple movies on a cold rainy day.
- I don’t like to wear shoes.
- I love crème brulee and wish I had a kit with the blow torch.
- I share my birthday with my brother in law and I love that.
- I despise blue jeans (always have), they have never fit me right, not even when I was skinny. I can happily go the rest of my life without ever having to try another pair on.
- My life has ended up in a completely different direction than I originally set out for. I’m so happy about that.
- My parents had to put me into a religious group home when I was a teenager because I was totally out of control. This saved my life.
- I met my husband (in the group home) when I was 15 and we hated each other. If you would have told me then that one day I’d be married to him, I would have laughed myself silly.
- I found out I was pregnant with twins a few short months after graduating High School.
- I started smoking cigarettes when I was 13 years old, it took me until I was 29 to be able to quit for good. I quit cold turkey March 1, 2009. It’s embarrassing to admit. It’s such a horribly strong addiction and nearly impossible to quit. Without the support and encouragement of my husband, and lots of prayer, I don’t think I ever could have.
- I have a hard time finishing things that I start. I tend to get really excited about something and then the excitement dies off and it falls by the wayside. For this reason alone, I will never attempt scrapbooking.
- Sewing and crafting are relaxing to me.
- I love loud yelling preaching.
- I wish I would have played an instrument when I was a child.
- I love cooking for my family. My husband and kids are the best people to cook for. Every night at dinner they tell me how good the food is. This makes me want to cook for them again.
- I never ever thought I was the SAHM type. I set out with a career and thought that is what was best. God had a different plan for me. Being home these last 4 years have been the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done.
- I have great parents. My mom stayed home with us during the day, and worked at night. I never even realized she was a SAHM until I was an adult. My dad, even though he didn’t live with us, still saw us 4 or 5 days a week.
- I am addicted to reusable shopping bags. I have to refrain from buying them at every store I go to. My favorites are the ones from Trader Joe's with the surf boards on them.
- I think Rice Crispy Treats are the grossest thing ever made. Just the thought of them makes gag.
- My favorite period of adolescence was 7th and 8th grade. I’m not sure why, but I can remember that part of childhood better than any other part.
- There are many things that I’ve done in my life that I hope my children never find out about. I would be devastated if I disappointed them.
- I am eternally grateful to my friend who led me to the Lord.
- I act like a big silly dork with my kids. They love it.
- Disneyland is one of my favorite places. I love how friendly and clean it is. I love it so much I spent my 30th birthday there with my husband and no kids. ;)
- Being married is more wonderful and more challenging than I ever would have thought. There are things I’ve learned about humbleness and love that I never could have learned otherwise. I can’t imagine living life without Adam, he is my best friend.
- I dislike my handwriting and am guilty of trying to change it constantly.
- I am the queen of biting off more than I can chew.
- I want so badly to have another child. I love babies, and I wish I could have 10.
- I don’t have eyebrows. Well, I do have them, but they are so blonde you can’t see them. This makes my forehead huge, so I dye them a light color brown so that they are visible.
- I have a terrible habit of talking before I think.
- My favorite dinner is white people tacos; I could eat them every night.