Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Homemade Anniversary/Wedding Gift Frame

I saw this darling wedding gift heart frame on Etsy for a sale price of $49 plus shipping. YIKES! It's very nice. I would like one for myself, but never would I pay $50 for it. She also had a larger one for $100. AS soon as I saw it I knew I could make it myself. So I did.....




Today is my Pastor and his wonderful wife's 19th anniversary. I bought a 10x10 white shadow box for $8.99. It had a black background so I covered it with white textured paper for scrap booking. I used a heart shaped paper punch and punched flowers in magazines. I printed each of their first initials and their wedding date and punched those out. The hearts are all folded in half and glued down on one side so that the other side sticks up. It was quite a bit of work to get them evenly in the center and even with each other, but otherwise it was a simple cheap gift and it's beautiful. I think I'll be making one of these for Adam and myself.

Mrs. Pastor LOVED it. I was too excited to wait to see them at church so I drove it over to her today.

3 comments:

Merissa said...

I love the idea! Thanks! Shadow boxes are half price at Hobby Lobby this week and even though my anniversary was a few weeks ago we are celbrating next week so I'm going to make this for my hubby.

Lynn said...

This turned out adorable! What a lovely gift. Love it.

Wedding gift ideas said...

What an awesome gift! I like it. Thanks for sharing.

~ Lyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...